Thursday, April 11, 2013

Facade

Façade that’s mine, a faceless mask,

Or more of a smile, more that I’m asked,

Nobody can see the problems inside,

I cram them down and in selflessness hide.

And when I say but a single word,

Do you know how hard it is to displease the world?

I don’t want to hurt anyone so I never speak.

Right now, right here, my knees they are weak.

I won’t, I can’t, I’m not the victim you see,

So to make sure I don’t manipulate I never am free.

Every moment I peel off a bit of the mask,

Each time I give information without being asked,

I shake and I shiver, I tremble and fall,

I shrink and I hate myself, I never stand tall.

I prefer to hide behind endless confidence,

Nobody worries, not even one bit,

And you see, when I do voice my complaints,

They’re always quiet behind other strains.

Seems I get shot down by my so-called friends,

But I refuse to let our relationships end.

I love these people, they’re dear to me,

The whole world is my family.

And so I feel the mother’s shame,

When a person makes an unforgiveable mistake.

And then, furthermore, I forgive unconditionally,

Even the one time I hated someone other than me,

I loved them, still, it was just a grudge,

I don’t have it in me to be much of a judge.

See, from my view, I’m the worst person ever, much worse than you.

And also from my biased eyes, I long to never speak the truth.

I refuse to burden you, I’m no victim here,

So I run and I hide with the strangest fear.

And being this straightforward, it chills me to the core,

I guess that’s why poetry appeals to me more.

No comments:

Post a Comment