Sunday, March 14, 2021

Sims 4 Playthrough: Love and Family Part 1

 First thing's first: It's time to move. I was going to live the rest of my days in Glimmerbrook, but - nah, fam. Mount Komorebi stole my heart.

Plus, it has a BIGGER LOT in it and good GOD there's so many skill building things that require SO MUCH space.

I give it the traits 'great soil', 'good schools', and 'eco lot'.

And also it's haunted because the Paranormal Stuff has come out and I already have a ghost dog.

I am the Worst at building.

My welcome wagon literally gets chased off by specters, which I can't be too upset by. The welcome wagon is annoying and all that. I also throw a seance table in my bedroom and do some stuff with that.

You may notice my rooms changing in the next pictures. I didn't REALIZE Mt. Komorebi had a BIG LOT that was empty and I had to move Cassidy in the middle of this post to the BIG LOT. However, I quickly got sick of the snow, so I just switched the Itos and their house with Cassidy. Don't judge me.

I have a positive friendly presence in the house and I try to make it a little less haunted. Cassidy's moodlets flipflop between 'scared' and 'energized' because she's still a thrill-seeker.

Let me just avoid actually doing my goal...

I am an expert at procrastination.

I figure the best place to start looking for romance is the romance festival, so I'm going to wait around for that to happen and someone to invite me to it.

I finally got around to changing my outfits, too.

In the meantime, I worry about keeping my fun need high and making decorations of paintings and flower arrangements for the house. And, you know, contending with the ghosts and specters.

It's Guidry. While I'm knitting.

I was planning to just do random things until the Romance Festival, but then...


She appears.

She wreaks havoc while I take Dusty for a walk, but THEN - I greet her with a 'cheerful' introduction and give her a flower arrangement gift. I want to befriend her, dangit!

Plus, Guidry said he goes 'way back' with Temperance. I wonder if Guidry wronged her somehow? After all, he's a womanizer and all that...

Anyway, after I do a few friendly socials with her, I fix the messes she created and then do some rituals to increase the spiritual serenity of the house.

I even manage to con Temperance into cleaning up the messes she made. Cassidy is stupidly charming, it's great >D

Once Temperance leaves, I preform a ritual with Guidry to increase the house's spiritual serenity. (Before Temperance showed up, I had the maximum spiritual serenity and was befriending all the specters.) I get level five Medium skill and ask Guidry to certify me as a paranormal investigator. Why not, right?

Now I can take paranormal investigation gigs AND I've made good progress in befriending Temperance.

I take the opportunity to drink a specter sip I got a hold of while befriending specters.

I get a 'dazed' moodlet that my positive moodlets drown out, and nothing else cool happens. Darn.

Also, quick fun thing:

YOU CAN READ WHILE YOU MAKE CANDLES.

Temperance shows back up in the middle of my candle making. I take time to chat with her, and chat with her... and I manage to become 'good friends' and get her to be 'inspired' instead of angry. Yay!

Of course, Cassidy also panics for a bit there...

When Temperance stops being willing to talk to me, I have to shove a haunted idol in the bathroom attached to the nursery so I can do Other Things while Temperance bitches.

After she leaves, I change to 'heroic mode'. I can always switch back - I probably will when I get married. For now, however, heroic mode gives me MORE POINTS.

Finally, the romance festival comes along. Yay!

I get some sakura tea and ask for the romance guru's wisdom. I keep an eye out for other 'young adults' - so far, there's just teens and adults, plus the elderly romance guru.

I notice a young adult finally, and start things off with an enchanting introduction. She's even a painter selling some of her paintings!

I purchased the painting on the bottom and in the middle.

I keep flirting with her. She seems sweet and cute and I'm pretty sure adoption counts for the parenting aspirations.

...Aaaannnddd then I find out she's married. I'm not wanting to break her up. Sigh. I hunt around the festival to see about finding another Sim to flirt with.

Another young adult shows up. After an enchanting introduction, I IMMEDIATELY ask him if he's single. Nope, married.

A third one... she's married. Why are all these married people at the romance festival?! I DON'T HAVE A POLYAMORY MOD, SIMS.

I order a drink for myself and then flirt with the bartender over at the nearby karaoke bar.

SHE'S SINGLE!

I flirt with her relentlessly. Nobody can stand the force of Cassidy's charisma; the bartender is no exception.

Even though she's at work, I invite her to sing a karaoke ballad with me since my fun is in imminent danger.

Yay, singing. And paparazzi.

I have a rose on me that I give her after. She returns it, but both gifting sessions improve our relationship so, you know.

Then I ask her to be my girlfriend. She accepts! Happy, I head home, planning to boost my fun need there.

New Skill Day starts, and I decide to start working on my violin skill. After I reach level two and complete new skill day, I call Pania (the bartender) and ask her on a date.

We go to the South Square Coffee café in Windenburg. Nice, casual, quiet, and nearby other places. Since, y'know, Windenburg is from Get Together.

The date goes excellently and nets me a reward: a VIP bucket.

After some fun-increasing and skillbuilding and general caretaking that goes into owning a ghost dog in a haunted house, I invite Pania over to my house for another date.



Why is everyone at my house.

Or... this was a terrible idea.

On the other hand, I got to woohoo.

For the next stage of the aspiration, I need to become an adult (which is checked off: apparently, young adult counts for that. Hurray!) and be married to my bff.

Easy. I'll just earn lots of relationship with Pania and propose. Although I definitely have to make us a wedding venue... (Or download it from the gallery, I guess, but I AM trying to get better at building!)

I decide to have the wedding at Granite Falls, and make some changes to the Green Getaway lot and the Granite Falls Forest. I ask Pania to join the household...

...and then I dress her, because she could use some improved sense of fashion, as all townies do.

THEN, FINALLY, I take us both (and Dusty!) on vacation to Granite Falls. It'll be a nice honeymoon after our marriage (:

I also disable Heroic Mode in the house before I go because HOLY MOLY it is STRESSFUL.

I tried to do an event, but it wouldn't let me do one during the vacation in the park, only at my rental...

They're married.

And then...

CASSIDY WINS THE LOTTERY?

And, with PERFECT TIMING: Love Day happens the day after they get married. Which is just perfect and romantically cute.

Oh, yeah, and since Cassidy won the lottery Pania's 'Fabulously Wealthy' ambition gets completed. Okay then. I go ahead and set up 'Mansion Baron' next... time to work on the house when we get back home!

I have them go on a date to pursue Cassidy's ambition, and then another date on Love Day.

They're very cute.
I spend all seven days in Granite Falls, working on Cassidy's herbalism skill and collecting all the available plants there to add to the greenhouse.

I also manage to complete Cassidy's ambition.

When we return, Pania and Cassidy will be preparing for their first child in the haunted house as Cassidy is ready to become a 'Super Parent'! Thank goodness she only needs to worry about her 'fun' need, because with ghosts, kids, and everything else Cassiday has going on, things are going to be crazy...

No comments:

Post a Comment