Saturday, January 23, 2021

Sims 4 Playthrough: Realm of Magic Part 1

 The part I have been waiting for, longing for, HOPING for... It's time. It's time to

become a spellcaster.

I am so excited. You can tell because I did the fancy font and things.

Now then. I know that the magical portal is somewhere in the Glimmerbrook neighborhood, so first thing's first: I take Dusty for a walk.

I don't find the portal while walking Dusty, so I just find it scrolling around town and go through it, leaving Dusty at home. Now I need to find a sage.

I find one quickly and perform a 'respectful' introduction right off the bat. I want to make a good impression, after all. 'Sage of Untamed Magic' Morgyn Ember.

I have to collect seven magic motes and turn them in.

Behind me, a duel occurs.

Right away, I ask to learn a spell from untamed magic. I'm going to ignore mischief magic, but the other two sound up my alley - and untamed especially sounds something like Cassidy would do, considering everything she gets up to.

I then ask for a potion recipe, and the sage from practical magic is here too so I introduce myself to him and then ask him for a spell and a recipe.

Once done with all that, I search for tomes and find nothing, then wander off to castle alley to explore the magical realm. The Harry Potter inspiration is Real.

There, I buy a wand, a tome, a familiar, and a broom. Heeck yes. Magical things! I choose a bunnerfly for my familiar and a natural wand for my wand. I accidentally bought tomes of a too-high level, so returning from caster's alley I head out to the gardens. I gather some ingredients and then go fishing.

There's a new untamed magic sage in the building, so after I finish fishing I go ahead and introduce myself to her. For some reason, I can't ask her for a spell despite being a different person than before, so I ask her for magical training instead. After that, I duel someone for knowledge in hopes of learning a third spell and going onto the next stage of my ambition. Well, I also have to become an acolyte, which the knowledge duel should... still help with. And then I can read the tomes I just bought, too!

So far, so good
Unfortunately, in the end I lose. I guess I just have to practice more. Let's earn that XP!

I head back home and start practing. Thanks to Lifestyles, Cassidy gets a +5 uncomfortable moodlet, but it goes away when I go home thanks to her jogging. Bah. I want to get rid of that lifestyle. I also set up the familiar orb and bind the familiar to me.

Meet Aetherum, the red and black flying bunny in the back there.

I also notice I can bind Dusty as a familiar. OMG. Would this prevent him from dying? Of course I do that. Come on, give me my eternal Dusty...

He's bound as a familiar, though I'm not sure what all that entails. After some more practicing and doing other things, I get summoned for a duel at the dueling grounds over my phone. Nice! Night on the Town happens so I go to visit the Glimmerbrook bar and buy something.

I get invited to another duel.

Another victory.

After that, I get some training while I'm here in the magic realm, and become an acolyte. Yaaay.

Asking both sages for another spell gets me to the five spells I need for this level of the ambition. I need to also become an adept and win three duels against other spellcasters. I can wait for them to invite me to duels, that's cool :P

I visit caster's alley to see about more tomes, and find a dragon familiar (squee!) and a sixam owl. I go ahead and buy those in addition to my bunnerfly, because obviously.

There's also an astral wand, and I like that more than the natural wand, so... new wand it is!

I also max painting skill as I try desperately to capture a good image of Dusty to paint and immortalize him. Painting by reference is hard to make work, man.

Winterfest starts so I make sure I'm prepared for Father Christmas and that everything else is ready. I also invite a bunch of people to the house to eat the Grand Meal I need to cook. Happy holidays ONLY! xD

One of my Sulani friends also dies. Which. Sad. :(

I end up missing Father Winter and for some reason the Grand Meal doesn't work, but I complete three traditions so hopefully Cassidy at least doesn't get a NEGATIVE moodlet from it. PLUS, I did the tradition she loves. We'll see.

Luckily, Winterfest DOES end up with a success! Yay!

At 7:30 AM, the day after Winterfest, Dusty... dies.

Beloved Pet. Beloved Friend. My family, who I wish was still here.

Since Dusty died, he can't be my familiar either. Sad. I am very upset. :(

I'm going to end this part here. In part two, we continue to explore magic.

I miss Dusty :(

The best boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment