Monday, January 18, 2021

Sims 4 Playthrough: Snowy Escape Part 2

 The easiest thing to start with is by changing my utensil preference to chopsticks and then eating some takoyaki, so I do that and buy some vanilla takoyaki.

I took Japanese for six years although I am not fluent by any means. I had some trouble learning and no-one to really practice with, but the class made me fall in love with the culture. My fiance and I plan to honeymoon in Japan after we have our official (and not just legal) marriage.

Of course, Cassidy eats the food with her hands. Ah well, maybe outside of the festival.

The joys of being a global superstar: YOU'RE NEVER LEFT ALONE

I'm able to change into my cold-weather outfit and use the vending machine I bought the kimono at to put it back on, and that does that! Excellent. I buy one more Simmi capsule and it, of course, gets stuck. I shake the machine....

Nothing bad happens. I open it and get the same Simmi I got before (Ol Gabby), sell the duplicate, and then escape the throng of my fans. plz halp.

When I get home, I go sledding on the bunny slope once, then find Dusty to do some dog care. I make sure he pees and has a full bowl of food, then I head off to the hot springs in the neighborhood. Time to soak and BE WARM!

God, I wish that were me...

Cassidy is a global superstar and the guy sitting next to her is a rising star, so of course, there's some paparazzi taking pictures. There is no escape.

I also, with my constantly-full hygiene, climb into the hot springs without taking a shower or a bath and get an 'embarrassed' moodlet. Woops... I climb out, take a shower, and then return. MY BAD GUYS....

The paparazzi also follows me and takes pictures of me showering. I'm in my swimsuit, but still. That's just... eurgh. I feel so sorry for celebrities, paparazzi suck. This also gives me another embarrassed moodlet. Thankfully, my happiness is high enough to overpower the embarrassment. I do not want to become very embarrassed. Cassidy does not die until I say she can, damnit!

Me too, lady. Me too.

I have no idea how long a 'long time' is, so I prepare to be here for a while and hope Dusty does just fine without me.

I get a 'lost in the warmth' moodlet, but when I hover over the goal I need 'complete relaxation'. So. We continue!

Once it hits, the goal automatically completes. The woman is still asleep, which is sad because I wanted to talk to her but I don't want to wake her up. Once I'm done, I hop out and change into my cold weather clothing before going sledding again. Then I head back to the lodging.

At the lodging, I make a meal of ramen and hope I use chopsticks. At least I know I won't get a negative moodlet from it like food that I DON'T make. Level 10 cooking skill.

We have success!

Once I eat, I sled one more time on the bunny slope.

Oh, God. The next level involves finding forest spirits. This is suffering. I also need to socialize at the onsen bathhouse and 'take it slow and become emotionally mindful'.

I became emotionally mindful randomly during University. So I've got this, right? I just need to do something relaxing. And then socialize at the bathhouse.

The forest spirit, the nature spirit, that's what's catching me. I need to hike. Well. Let's head to the bathhouse and see what we can do, then?

At the bathhouse, I buy some adventuring gear at the vending machine before heading into the bathhouse and talking to people.

I buy three of each wilderness-related item, a snowboard, and a pair of skis. Then I take a shower before hopping into the hot springs and chatting with whoever is there.

I decide to take the opportunity to flirt and start off with an 'enchanting' introduction.

...He happens to be married. I backpedal back into social and 'ask to just be friends', chat with him a bit, and then decide to try and relax or something in the hot springs to get that 'emotionally mindful' buff.

Oh, look who's back - asshole paparazzi

I head out now to the Senbamachi neighborhood and I take Dusty with me. TECHNICALLY, it's still fall, so it should be warm enough that he can go on the hike with me no problem. I'm going to be taking an easy hike anyway.

I decide to head to the mountain shrine with Dusty and hope that I run into a forest spirit. I'll need to do the meditative walk separately.


Dusty and I make it to the shrine, although I did not see any forest spirits. I 'view' the shrine and hope to get that 'emotionally mindful' buff.

It does not work. I head off to the bamboo forest next. Let's goooo.



And here are the spirits!

I attempt to catch one and it is not happy with me. Duly noted. Wishes, not capture.

...Look, I ignore the rules I usually apply to the supernatural (such as yokai, spirits, fae, etc) in the Sims because the Sims has weird rules.

I ask Dusty what's wrong and he DESPERATELY wants to play, so play we do! He's happy after a brief session, so I leash him up and hope that lets me take him on the 'meditative walk' that will, if all things go well, give me the 'emotionally mindful' trait.

Also, I sign a kid's autograph because they're adorable.

Fireflies! The good kind!
I am in love with the Snowy Escape DLC. In. Frikken. Love.

I run into this as well, but I can't click it and don't know what to do. Pretty though, isn't it?

After the walk, there's no 'emotional mindfulness' moodlet. I give Dusty a big treat and try once more, partially hoping to find some spirits again and wish on them instead of trying to catch them.

Mostly I just want the mindfulness buff.

I get it! The aspiration is COMPLETE. But I am not done with Snowy Escape, not by a long shot. It's time for the 'extreme sports' aspiration. I also go ahead and buy the 'iceproof' trait since I have enough satisfaction points for it.

The goals for level one of this aspiration are to go down the bunny slope, purchase a deterrent or remedy, and use an info board. Easy-peasy.

I take Dusty and me back to the lodging and do all three of those things in one fell swoop. Next part? We're starting level two of the aspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment