Sunday, May 6, 2012

Untitled Poem

This would be one of those times when all I want to do,
Is curl up and go away,
I need to breathe but I can't escape.
I need to feel but I can't get a break.
I am no shell, no empty person;
I feel and think and am moving; constant motion,
I'm breaking, falling, failing,
Like it happens, because people do break,
And for some reason, though I'm damaged,
I keep try and struggling; what's courage,
It's all my foolish stupidity,
I can't let go, I can't be free,
I'm an awful person; I hate being me.
Because though I try what I know doesn't change what I feel,
Knowledge is just the face that's shown,
The world will never let you go.

But you know, the really silly thing,
I still have hope and faith; I still believe.
I know there's a God above,
I know He loves me too.
I know I'm imperfect, but I'm beautiful;
I'm brilliant and kind, with just enough selfish to survive.
Sometimes I make mistakes, that's normal;
Why am I so hard on myself?
But you know, there's so much we share,
But we're so very different.
I believe that there's a way;
I believe it's hard, a solution,
That mortal eyes can't quite see;
That temporary is even eternal,
Except for the Ones we can't touch, only feel,
In our hearts, with our belief.

So I'm a broken damaged person,
How can words let me feel
Things I never knew I could?
I can't describe what it's like for me,
How happiness carries sadness,
And emotions I can't name,
But this is it, it's where I am.
In the end I can't change;
I care, the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment