Tuesday, June 4, 2013

okay

Okay, okay,

give me some faith I thought I had it all figured out

for me, in my own way, the way I wanna believe.

Okay, okay,

I thought wishes that maybe it might come true tomorrow,

that it’d be magic, electric, I’d be where I wanna be.

Okay, okay,

I can admit I was wrong I’ll fall to second place,

second base and second heart the second wind ain’t comin’.

Okay, okay,

been falling apart for a while now, trying to scream out,

but though it’s heard people never take the time to listen.

Okay, okay,

so I have a lot of wants and wishes, I dream big,

but is it so much to ask for the solid stone I see in movies?

Okay, okay,

I’ll lie and I’ll smile and say I’m fine, day by day, one step at a time,

you can make anything beautiful after a whole lot of time.

Okay, okay,

I just wanna be okay.

1 comment:

  1. You're only 16, Sweetie. Don't put so much pressure on yourself to have all the answers right now. That's part of growing up, living and experiencing. We learn our whole lives and I've got a lot left to leave so I don't know in the end, but I suspect we never know all the answers we seek until we have moved on to the next life. Life is for experiencing, learning, loving, being a good person and just doing our best. It's way to young to thing you have it all figured out - even this one subject we discussed. I'm still learning, too. I love you and I try my best to "listen" and understand, not just hear. Love you more than you will ever know. Mama

    ReplyDelete