Saturday, August 25, 2018

Hero

Of the ash and dust that's around me,
I will make myself the hero I need.
The sky's turned black with memory
And there's only fear as far as the eye can see.

With everything lost, and despair the seed,
I will find the hope I have not yet sought.
I am ill-prepared, but I don't yet bleed
From all the scratches and scarecrows I read.

At the end of the world, I stood and fought;
And in the ashes, I am still determined to breathe.
Though I'm trapped, and the ropes pulled taut
I will not give in and perish the thought.


Around me, it seems the darkest storms seethe -
Wild and dark, yet they do not touch me -
And now at the end my sword, I sheathe -
While hope, lingering, a baby that teethes.

I am the hero that I've wanted to be,
Stronger than the stories you've shared.
I am a hero, of my own desperate plea
And have become more than I've dreamed.

No comments:

Post a Comment