Monday, October 7, 2013

To S------

You know, I have always felt alone.

I am the girl who cares, who gives a crap, who loves and listens and who never is appreciated.

Today I found someone who is like that.  Someone who knows what it's like to be the shoulder, the rock, everybody else's support and finding none of her own.

Today I was her support.  And as she fell apart in front of me I held her in my arms and told her that I admired her.  She is strong, she is powerful, and I look up to her.

Today I found someone who would run after me like I ran after her.  Today I found someone who knows what it's like to care for people who have abused you in some way or another.  Today I found someone who has been where I've been, who's in places I'm not, and who doesn't know some things that I've felt.

I never would have been there for her if not for the issues with my other friend.  Today I am afraid she would have been pushed off the edge.  But there I was.

And when I'm falling apart, I have someone to call who will listen.

This is the poem I wrote for her:

When you think you're alone, I am there.
I love you because
You are strong
And a person I want to be.
You've walked the higher road
In situations worse than mine.

When you think no-one cares, He cares.
He died for you.
He loves you because you are strong.
You do not preach His word,
Or know His word,
But you ARE His word.

So don't give up,
Because I'll stand by you,
Hold you close
And together we'll know.
We are strong.

It shares the same title of this blog post.

I've been looking for so long, and here's a kindred spirit in the place I never expected to find one.

Of course I look up to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment