Monday, October 21, 2013

Why Don't You Care?

Why don't you care?
I've left plenty of room between the lines,
Plenty of "I hurt" between "I'm fine."
I've smiled when broken, listened when sad,
I hate being the kid, I can't even be mad.
I've whispered what I need,
But still you don't see.
I'm too scared to scream, but that's just me.

Why don't you care?
I've told you before;
I'm desperate and dying,
Useless and unsure.
And, insult to injury, pathetic as I am,
I fall completely apart when things don't go according to plan.

Why don't you care?
Or do you just not understand?
I'm trying my hardest to live by your rules,
But there's nothing you give me,
No slack that can free me.
I guess we are too far apart I'm this world,
I the little, broken-hearted girl,
And you drunk on power, though, it's not too bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment