Thursday, September 12, 2019

Sims 4 Playthrough: Jungle Adventures Part 3

For the vacation, I leave Dusty at home. Presumably, someone will come and take care of him.

I stay at the Hillview Hideaway again, deciding that being cheap is for the best. Before I left, I DID add a stove and a couple of other things for convenience and such.

It doesn't add much to the price - from 221 simoleons per day to 236 per day, it still is absolutely the cheapest rental property and that's fine by me.

The first thing I do is order food off of the secret menu. And then it's into the jungle for me.


Even before I go through the vine-covered pathway, I find something to excavate - which is potential income.

I find another abandoned campsite and search for gear. Thanks once again to my high logic, I am able to avoid a scorpion bite. Nice.

I continue onward, past the falls to the other door and clear that. Of course, I clear out another excavation site on the way. I run into a jaguar, relying on my fitness skill... and I take the risk... and succeed and get a shiny out of it! Yay! Some Amazonite.

With three paths before me - and one previously opened now closed - I pick the one farthest away.

I use spider repellant on a plant to confuse it, not trusting my handiness skill since I have to rescue a sim.

He gives me some collectible goodies.

I dodge some plasma bats and open a chest before going fishing. Lovely little area I've found. With a fishing hole. I use the amazonite as bait and hope I don't waste it.


I catch an armored catfish with the bait. After catching another fish, I head back to the previous area and use one of the bushes as a bathroom before moving on.

I find some plants and attempt to get the shiny. I succeed this time, yay!

And then I make my way to the royal baths, which is. It's just awesome.

There's actually someone here with me - Reiko Ishikawa. I decide to start befriending them, since, y'know, they're at this hidden area in the jungle too.

When I'm done chatting, I head back.

I get attacked by bees, and thus complete my milestone. The next goal consists of opening 3 rare omiscan treasure chests (at the end of temples), activating mystical relics 5 times, and finding five treasures.

I have two relics in my inventory, so... I activate one.


I end up cursed. Yay. .-. I quickly leave the jungle for now, deciding that the best idea is to take care of my needs and attempt to reverse the curse.

Desperate attempts to get rid of it lead to success - the curse is gone and I end up with the blessing of self-care. Hurray! I activate the other relic I have on me, fingers crossed that I don't end up cursed again. If the chaos relic cursed me, maybe the watcher relic will bless me...? Of course, since I'm affected by a blessing already, I can't bless myself.

But I can use the relic on someone else, and so I do. And I'm very glad I used it on someone else - it's another curse!

I head back into the jungle and to the temple. I get a bag out of some quicksand with the guzmania flower I have. As a reward, I get a cool artifact. Neat.

Examining the mechanisms gives me the right answer right away, so I do that and move on in the temple.

I get three options in the next group - leaves glyph (which worked upstairs), or two option of skeleton statue warrior weapons. I try the right warrior first.

Lucky duck that I am, it works. The next group gives me the answer right away too which is SUPER nice. I get the last room, and from there it's back to base to get the temple to reset.

I use a fire opal on a llama relic on a death base. For some reason, however, it won't let me use it on anyone. Darn. I guess... back into the jungle?

Sadly, the temple is closed, with "check back in half a day or so". Well then. I've been kicked out.

I... for some reason... get a call to come into work... even though I'm on vacation? -squint- I'm hoping it's a one-time bug and call out sick, but if I get it again I'm going to just head into work. I'm paying so much for this thing, I DON'T WANNA work...

When I check the jungle again, it's open. Time to tackle another temple. And maybe wait long enough to use that new artifact I have...

The temple this time is fairly empty, but it does have some books. I go ahead and read them. Well - I read the two books that aren't the archeology volume 1 book. It'd bore me, considering I'm level 9.




My blessing has worn off by now, so I use the relic... and summon a skeleton! Spooky! That's fine, Cassidy is a brave adventurer. I give the skeleton my autograph and then give it a Selvadoradan greeting.

I wonder if Grim would want an autograph too?

After chatting with the skeleton a bit, I go ahead and finally examine the mechanisms.

A temple guardian - another skeleton! - appears, and I go say hey to them too.

Examining the mechanisms leads to just one solution, so I use that and pass through with zero problems.

During my examinations, the holiday 'Night on the Town' starts. Well. I can't exactly participate, so...

Work calls and I say I'm going to go. I'm... not actually, and hopefully, no nonsense occurs because of it. I'm on vacation! Why are you calling me? Why don't you just not pay me? You did last time! Good grief!

I proceed deeper into the temple and study more mechanisms. I find the right one and proceed.


This explains the skeletal temple guardian - it's a crypt. I also get a personal sun. I think there's just one room to go until the reward, so I look at the single mechanism in the room.

It gives me the answer, and that's two temples down, one to go. I get a golden chaos relic which is INCREDIBLE. Just straight-up INCREDIBLE.

I head back to base. There, I find a fire opal and refine the crystal to make a new relic, which I test on someone since I have the blessing of personal sun going on right now.

It's a curse the opposite of my sun, a little cloud. I am sorry random Sim. I appreciate your sacrifice. One more relic and I'll have completed that goal.

I spend the night collecting things. In the morning, I get called into work again - but of course it doesn't actually take me there. Weird Sims glitches... Anyway, I get and refine another fire opal in preparation for the next relic I'll make.


I play some chess at the bar to boost my logic skill and fun need both. Then all I'll need to do is socialize, which, uh... easy, since I'm at the bar.

With all my needs in the green, it's back into the jungle for me.

On my way to the temple, I notice some capybaras with some bees. I use a flower to save the capybara from the bees. For my good deed of aiding the friend-shaped, I get a treasure.

Temple time. I do the excavations and then study the mechanisms. During this time, I max my archeology skill. This skill gives me the know-how I need to immediately unlock the gate, no risky guesses or accidentally activating temple defenses. Once again, I don't need to make any guesses. A third time gives me the answers... and voila, treasure chest.

However, I don't leave the jungle yet. I want one more base so I can unlock the artifact - along with getting the last omiscan treasure I need. I establish an excavation site at a pile, and start trying to get that base.

I get attacked by bees, but only stop excavating when I get the sad moodlet because I need to socialize. I head to the baths in hopes someone is there.

And... nope! Fine. Finally, finally, I leave the jungle, debating about doing one more temple in hopes of achieving a base.

Or maybe I'll just cheat one in. Shhh. Find out next time :P on dragonball z

Part Four

No comments:

Post a Comment