Sunday, August 28, 2011

Young Women's Theme, Followed by a Poem

We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us and and we love Him.  We will "stand as witnesses of God at all times, and in all things, in all places" (Mosiah 18:9) as we stive to live the Young Women values, which are:

Faith
Divine Nature
Individual Worth
Knowledge
Choice and Accountability
Good Works and
Integrity

We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values, we will be prepared to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants, recieve the ordinances of the temple, and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.

~~~

A heart can be cut with a knife while still in the skin,
And unharmed the soul who was broken lives,
But there is two sides you can see,
White with love and black with hate,
The soot created by the hand of fate,
Yet fate says that love must come, still,
All is left, in the end, as two sides.

And one can tear themselves up, saying,
"I am never good enough, if I can't get this right,
Because I am more mature, or in the light,
But I failed so I must be awful."
And yet they know they are merely imperfect,
They can try again, and do better.

But while they know this, the fact is ignored,
Self-hatred becomes the downfall, and they try and find a way,
Finally they pick one, and they become ready,
And it can happen or be stopped,
Depending on any number of things.

"For I feel half-empty even though I overflow,
Pain I've always had, and hatred is new."
And that is why we fail, because hatred always is new,
And then it seems that love is too.

Pieces of a person, not real and only smoke,
"I have this knowledge that is greater,
Why can I not use it?"

Crying out into the storm, one piece of the puzzle torn,
A page that is a lie and a truth lost forever.

And in two, all is fallen.

No comments:

Post a Comment