Friday, September 2, 2011

I Believe

Beliefs.  Sometimes it feels like a pain in the behind just to have them, live them, experience them.  It seems around every corner someone is challenging one little value, one little thought.  It doesn't matter if it's releated to religion or not.  How can it be so easy for some people to look down on someone because they're different?  I don't find it easy at all.  They're a person, I'm a person.
You gotta admit, it's tough for EVERYONE.  Period.  End of discussion.
But the lack of respect shown to people is horrendous.  And the more I learn of... well, everything, the more this is apparant to me.  People are honest-to-goodness mean.  It makes my head spin.  Now, I know I'm naive.  I'm fourteen years old and a freshmen and even other fourteen-year-old freshmen confuse me with some of the stuff they talk about, and really gross me out.
FACT: Most teenagers are perverts.
But anyway, back to the whole belief thing.  Everyone has beliefs - little opinions, their religion, etc.  And if someone shares it they run the risk of someone showing just how pathetic and insecure they are.  Which it hurts.  Even knowing that person is a piece of trash.  And everyone here can agree, right?
The whole fact of the matter is that I believe in a lot of stuff that comes from my experiences, and I should NOT have to suffer disrespect.
I believe in the teachings of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  Jesus Christ was my Savior and I follow Him.  This is my first and foremost belief beyond ANYTHING else.  I believe in the Bible and the Book of Mormon.
I also believe in dressing modestly, not cussing, and treating my body well.  Alcohol and drugs shall NEVER BE TOUCHED by me.  EVER.  Cigarettes... I hate smoking.  Smoke, and you're killing yourself, other people, and the other.  It's a deathstick, and nothing more then addicting deathstick to make mean people money off of people who are ignorant.  (If you didn't notice, I feel VERY strongly in this subject.)
I have faith in people's best natures.  I've seen people be extremely greedy (BIG.  ISSUE.  Lust and greed... BIG.  ISSUE.), be total meanies, hated for no reason, bring people down because they're insecure, etc. etc., but I still have faith in people's best natures.  I've seen miracles happen because someone rose above the ignorance and pain.
I trust people.  I give people chances and I honestly care about people.  I expect the worst while hoping for the best; I know I'm going to be disappointed in life because people will be people, and being a person means doing wrong.
I believe that there is a solution to every. single. problem.  I don't think it's easy, I think in some cases it will take YEARS, but I believe it's possible.  Compromise is a part of life, but so is compassion.
Charity is the strongest force on Earth.  It is the "pure love of Christ"; but it is also compassion, love, faith, service, wisdom, optimism, and so much more.  It encompasses the good and it is greater then the bad.
Everyone is equal but different.  We should be equal in rights and everything else, while still having different strengths and weaknesses.
And these are just a few of the things I believe.  I know I'm going to hit moleholes and make them into mountains; I know there will be actual mountains in the way I'm heading.
But, because I believe so strongly in so many good and beneficial things, I know I will make it.  I know doors will open for me, and I will do my best to make the most of every oppotunity to do and be good, better, and best.

No comments:

Post a Comment