Thursday, April 23, 2015

Shower Song

They never told me life would be easy,
But they never said life would be this hard.
No wonder people give up,
When they are so permanently scarred.

You can't succeed with jealousy,
Which takes all your ambition away.
You can't be an enititled fool,
Believing things should be a certain way.

I never said life would be easy,
But I never thought it would be this hard.
We are all broken pieces,
Even deep inside our hearts.

Some would argue compassion is not the way to go,
But the redwoods would be much smaller
If their roots did not tangle together, you know -
And dance competitions are a way to get a mate,
And at the end of the day, no hard feelings, ey?

I never assumed life would be easy,
But I never dreamed it would be this hard.
No wonder giving up looks like a good prospect.
But if there's one thing I know,
Kindness is the way to go.

If I care for others,
They will care for me.
Everyone can go strong,
Scientific proof says:
Love one another,
It's not just a Christian thing.

Love one another,
It's not just a Christian thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment