Thursday, July 25, 2019

Sims 4 Playthrough: Island Living Part 1

I save enough money to move into Tangled Flat. It isn't on the ocean like I was hoping for, but it's my best bet since I don't have that much money.

I first start by upgrading everything and converting the second bedroom into an office.


Here we are, with about 500 simoleons left. Not bad, eh? Of course, much of this was already bought, haha.

After defeating the mother plant, my needs were full when I got home, so now I can start off by Doing Things.

Like finishing that mobile app I've been working on for a while now, haha.

I become possessed during this, and realize I need to create a vaccine for myself since I ate a bizarre plant. -headbang-

In other news, mail is delivered once I return from work, so I grab that. Oh, hey, elements from the Geo Council!

Someone also randomly comes in and starts panting.


The mobile app got me a fame point so I'm a 'Notable Newcomer' now. I'm gonna ignore fame, so I'll probably be jumping up and down. Although, hmm - maybe after all this my next aspiration can involve fame? We'll see.

Meanwhile, the welcome wagon has arrived. Which still doesn't explain the blonde chick.

Oh yeah, that reminds me... now that I'm on the island, I should probably update my wardrobe.

I sell the painting left (a decent landscape) and then decide to buy a thermostat to complete a wish.

After that, I start a book. Why not? I start off with a short story.


I have no idea. I just like relating the books to the current section of the playthrough I'm on.

Another person from the welcome wagon arrives, and another person comes right into my house and start painting on my easel. Since I have a wish to meet someone new, I introduce myself to the other person from the welcome wagon.

I get a relationship drop from all the welcome wagon people because I forgot to invite them inside. Argh.

Although everyone seems happy enough to come inside ANYWAY...

Okay, back to writing the book.

Also... I can sell the paintings other people make. Mwahaha.

I finish the book, publish it, take care of needs, and change my outfits, before finally going to sleep.  I wake up at 1 AM possessed. Ah... yes... right. That.

Random person in my house (still) breaks my computer, so once I'm no longer possessed I go ahead and fix that.

At least possession fills ALL of my needs.  Hmm... Maybe it's not a problem. 3 hours to fill Every. Single. Need? That takes less time than doing it manually...

Even at work, the person is. still. there. My goodness!

I fulfill a wish by buying an umbrella stand.

I go ahead and ask if she's a mermaid, and lose some relationship. Darn. She finally gets up, but I have a wish to paint, so... I do!

I immediately get another wish to paint and do it again. Haha. I reach level two of the painting skill while doing it, so I'd say a good use of time.

My current goals for the aspiration are: have a gold-level kava party, get a suntan, and eat a coconut. Eat a coconut, huh...? Well, let's find a coconut!  Since it's winter, suntan will probably have to wait for spring. But a coconut, she just has to find where to buy it.

Meanwhile, Roger wants to invite himself over, but I decline. After all, I'm about to head out!

There is a vending machine with beach supplies, so I get myself a coconut. And splurge on a canoe, a towel, a floating lounger, and some kava root. I am left with 601 simoleons.



Coconut: Eaten.

I take a brief detour back to Strangerville, in order to work on that vaccine. You know, just in case I ever do want it.

I get a bizarre fruit and some riches (915 simoleons) from Mother, then make the vaccine before heading back home.

Once home, I fill motives.  I was going to write a poetry book to fulfill a wish, but I have the opportunity to write a motivational book while confident so of course, I do that!


Here we go. I reach level six pretty much as soon as I start, and acquire the ability to write screenplays. Nice.

It's raining outside, so I start on a poetry book before publishing the motivational one.


In the middle of it, I end up possessed. I plant a bizarre plant to have something to do while possessed.

Once done with that, I continue writing. I do some quick gardening, then sell both of my books to a publisher.

Since it's Saturday, I don't work, so I see about putting together a kava party. I invite Roger, Brittany, and George, then the people I've met from the island.

I start with preparing kava, and someone socializes with me while I do that to work on the goal to socialize with guests. Nice.

Once the kava is made, I invite everyone to drink it, as you do.


While drinking kava I just... start taking... a bath?  Okay...

I make a kava toast for one of the goals, then a group fruit and yoghurt parfait.

I autonomously tell a joke, completing half of that goal, while I'm cooking. Nice! I go ahead and intentionally tell another.

I call people to meal and buy a radio and start music to have dancing happen, since that's a goal.

The party ends on a gold. Nice :)

I start working on a screenplay, since I don't have anything I have to do at the moment.

While writing, I buy an observatory to fulfill a wish.

I have over 7000 lifetime rewards points, but my first priority is 'Never Weary' so I no longer need to sleep, so I must save more.

My sim wants a pool, but I can't afford it. On the other hand, she also wants to bake cookies...

With someone hanging out in my house occasionally chatting with me, I level up to charisma level four. Nice.

Possession occurs! I chat with the bizarre plant and sit out in the rain.

Once the possession ends, I bake the cookies Cassidy wants to make.

Without much to do, I practice the guitar skill.  It becomes new skill day and I level up, thus completing the tradition with zero effort. Woo.

The kleptomaniac in the house has stolen my posters, all but one. At least she didn't steal the freaking autographed picture.

George Cahill invites me to the flea market, and I agree.

It's a blizzard in San Myushuno, but I ignore it to start tending a table and make some mons off of random crap in my inventory.


Yup. With that done, I head back home to take advantage more of New Skill Day's increased skill gain.

Or I would, but Lia (not the klepto) invites me to her house. Alright then!

When I get hungry, I head home.

I get a quirk - 'refined palate'. Okay then.

I practice guitar, paint, then level my singing skill to two, then three, and then I'm possessed. Time to just stand around for three hours, whee.

My observatory broke at some point, but I can't afford to replace it and there's no option to repair it, so for now I just ignore it.

I get two art pieces from looking at plant samples, and then I'm off to work.  When I return, I head to a beach lot. It's time to sunbathe and get that tan!

Tanlines are overrated.

Tanning on the floating things is glitched, so I save+quit and then move on over to a ground-bound seat. I get a perfect tan thanks to being nude, and then start combing the beach for things to fulfill one step of the next level of the aspiration. I get hungry, so it's time to grill, barbeque, or roast something here.

I light a fire and grill something, then hang out and eat. When I'm done, I beachcomb one last time before heading home.

I buy a grill and then just. Grill excessively.

I finish the goal as I level up to cooking level seven. Nice.

I travel back to the beach to do more beach combing and lay out my food for random people to eat.

I finish my goals and get 'explore the beach cave' and 'discover buried treasure' with the new ones. Cool.

Onwards to the next part.

Part Two

No comments:

Post a Comment