Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Sims 4 Playthrough: Strangerville Part 1

I want to create a Sims 4 story.  So... my first step in that?

Well, I figure it can't hurt to play modless and (mostly) cheatless and practice taking screenshots and the like.  And Sims 4 now has the Strangerville mystery as well as Sulani...

So let's make a Sim.




This is Cassidy Moribus.  She's Creative, Outgoing, and a Genius.  Her current aspiration?  To solve the Strangerville mystery.  Once that's complete, we'll be moving on to Sulani.

I stick her into the furnished version of Slip 42, and promptly get her a job as a barista.  It's social and will very much get her into the thick of things here in Strangerville.  I mean, storywise.  Gameplaywise, it's all up to me.


I figure I have enough Simoleons to upgrade everything, so I do.  I can't make huge upgrades, but I get rid of the gnomes and listening station and...



Voila.  An acceptable home.  While I'm waiting for the welcome wagon to arrive, I have her practice writing - you know, feed that creativity part of her.  The welcome wagon comes pretty quickly, but something seems, uh... off.



Trying to talk to anyone leads to comments involving fruit, peace, and mother.  Okay, that's... not creepy at all?  When the welcome wagon finally ends... 'COME TO CRATER' is their final message.

During the welcome wagon, I have a piece of fruitcake, which my sim immediately and strongly regrets.  Sorry, Cassidy.  It was a gift!  I hope you're not infected... I mean, the fruitcake seems normal. Either way, we want to pursue this mystery.

An animation gets stuck and eventually, a sim is blipped off of my lot.  I can't enter build/buy mode... oh, look, I'm being investigated.  Might as well do some programming while these secret agents make a mess of things.



They come in and steal my brand-new just-upgraded fridge :(



Better pick up that note for later.

While I'm replacing my fridge (at least they paid me for it), I add some lot traits.  'Science Lair' sounds good, and... I'll leave it at that for now.  I also pick up a cheap guitar, just to have some music.

I program for a little longer, then get rid of the fruitcake.  We don't need that giving me uncomfortable buffs every time I eat it.  I mean, I could keep it around as decor... but why would I?

When my fun need gets low, I stop programming.  I need to pick up an item from the curio shop according to my ambition... so why not?  Work on ambition, find five sims to chat to, and hopefully, up my fun need all at once.  Now to find where the curio shop is...



Turns out, it's really close to home!  I just jog on over there, hoping to buy a little curio... and, you know, start chatting to people... Of course, since I'm on my home lot, nobody's going to show up.  I had an idea, it was not well-thought-out.  Ah well.

I buy a 'Bizarre Fruit', the 'Untold Mysteries of Strangerville' book, and a 'Where Did It Go' poster, and then get down to brass tacks.

I ask about Strangerville and the clerk guy (Erwin Pries, conspiracy theorist) mentions bizarre plants... probably where the bizarre fruit comes on.  He says the scientists have been doing tests on them.  Well, food goes in my fridge... did one of the weirdos from the welcome wagon put something in there?

It looks like someone lives in the plane nearby, so I decide to head over there so I can talk to them.  After that, I think it's going to be TO THE LIBRARY to find some more people to talk to... and, last of all, we're gonna hit that secret door.

I knock on the door in the plane, and...



Oh, that's not ominous at all.  No sirree.  Well, hey, we're an ADVENTURER, let's go ahead and traipse on down to that creepy basement.



George Cahill is the resident of this place, and he doesn't look too bad.  I introduce myself with a 'friendly introduction' and then promptly talk about Strangerville.  Small talk?  Pfft, that's for losers, we're BIG ADVENTURERS in this business.

At this time, my uncomfortable moodlet goes away, bringing my genius focused moodlet to the front.  Yaaay.



I steal his chair, but he mentions the secret lab in the crater.  And then... "I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the weird storm that made my plane crash."

Ooohh.  That's something!

I need fun motive and I have a wish to read a book, along with a book in my inventory, so I go ahead and start reading at Mr. Cahill's house.  Ahh, Sims.  Gotta love it; just steal a guy's chair and then start reading a book in a stranger's house...

Better than the weirdos that shower in mine, at least.

While George is making food... he lights things on fire.



Well, after the initial panic... we're gonna try and extinguish him.  Because I do not want this guy to die, man!

After running upstairs and then back down, I finally extinguish him... and it looks like just in time, too.



Okay, George.  Looks like it's time for me to go.  A library awaits!



The library has the exact number of people I need to finish my current quest. Suh-weet.  I go ahead and start chatting.  I don't really bother with introductions; I just want to get this finished, done and dusted.

The woman mentions that Strangerville has always been a military town, but that there seems to be "a lot more of them lately".  This fits with what we know so far.

Another conspiracy theorist, Gary Camacho, mentions that the Secret Lab will have answers... and I should be able to sneak in through the back gate.  Sweet.

The librarian gives me the final bit of information I need... a repeat of the first bit of information about the plants I got.

Well, that's this step done.  Time to head to the secret lab and check out that door!

You know.  The crater.  Where 'the mother' wants me.  Hoo boy.

Ignoring all the strange plants around me, I go straight to the secret door and examine it.  It appears to require a keycard, which we can find from someone in town (maybe).  The game suggests we find some clues in the area of the lab, so... why not look around some?



The game very helpfully makes the clues flash in red.  I go through all of them and get 8 out of 15 pieces of evidence I need for my aspiration.

I also need to complete a Strangerville secret dossier (possibly from all my clues; that would make the most sense) and open the Strangerville door.

All my needs are low, so... let's head home for now.

...after I take a picture of a strange plant.  Which bumps my evidence count to nine.  Sweet!

At home, I make a quick garden salad for dinner, then chat on the computer in hopes to boost my social need.  I boost it a little, but my fun is super low, as is my energy... and I have work.  Crap.

I go to the bathroom then to bed, and hope that my sim can manage work on... 2 hours of sleep.

That is very relatable and a Mood.

Part Two

No comments:

Post a Comment