Friday, July 26, 2019

Sims 4 Playthrough: Island Living Part 2

During my beachcombing, I got an "ordinary" conch shell. There are quotes around it. I blow it.


Nothing happens, so I do some snorkeling.

Snorkeling ends up with me upping my fitness skill and getting a cramp. Hm.

After I finish snorkeling, I end up possessed. Possession leaves me with an hour for work, so I head home.  I practice singing until work happens.

Once I get back from work, it's off to the cave (after I roam around a beach in hopes that maybe that will find it. Nope, thank you for your help Google).

The cave is located in the Admiral's Wreckage, so that's where I head to. And sure enough - cave!

I put my name on a wall in the cave, and then head back in for one more round.  I run into some bats, so I start to look around. I find some trash and of course I clean it up.

I see a very populous fishing spot, and so once I'm done cleaning, it's fishing time.


New skill, woo. Hopefully I'll fish up some buried treasure with this.

I catch a lump of clay, and head home.  On my way, I pick up some more trash and end up swallowing water and getting cut by the trash. Woo, super uncomfortable.

I pay my bills before anything can get shut down, and then eat before I start a landscape painting.  I end up inspired and so practice singing some.

I sing until I'm possessed, then when I'm no longer possessed I find a new job. Time to be a conservationist, I think.

I get the assignment to research conservation, and so I do.  It upgrades my handiness skill to four, although it's supposed to be boosting logic... ok. It also boosts my gardening skill to five, so clearly it does multiple skills. Neat.

Winterfest begins while I'm working. Yay Winterfest!  I buy a fireplace so Father Winter will come and do some decorating.

I then invite people over to begin the holiday and start on a grand meal.



It's not an official party, it's just me inviting over whoever I can, but... Cassidy seems to have fun and so does everyone else, and that's what counts.

I get a bunch of Strangerville fanmail, including some spoiled food (ew), a cupcake, and a lump of clay. Okay.

I regret the two fish I got and get rid of the food, and then Father Winter has arrived!

He rebuilds the present pile and makes it BIGGER, nice. And that's for just me this time :P  I give him the remainder of the cookies I had baked, since that's traditional and they haven't spoiled yet since they've been in the fridge.  I also invite him to eat the leftovers of the Grand Meal.


I suppose it is the thought that counts, because he has none of the food.

Father Winter makes his departure just as I become possessed. I go ahead and chat with the plant. After possession ends, I clean up, garden, and then practice guitar until work.

I get a promotion, and then my job's daily task is to 'spread conservation awareness to other sims'.

I head over to the beach after filling my motives to get started on that (and then I can look for buried treasure after).

After some beachcombing, I start fishing.

I catch a cichlid fairly quickly, which is cool, but not what I want.  I also get myself a plumbing upgrade part, a digital camera, a digitalistic sketchpad, and a 'rainborz'.  Possession ends my fishing expedition and I head home.

When the possession ends, I make a mobile app. I head to work in the middle of it, and the holiday Night on the Town starts.

 When I'm back home, I'm off again to mooch food and drink off of some venue or another. I head to The Sand Bar, since it's in Sulani.

I order my favorite drink, which is supposedly a 'frizzy fruity drink', and enjoy it.  I also order some fish and chips, and then practice singing.  Possession ends the session, and once again I head back home.

I finally replace the observatory once the posession ends. I reach level nine of the programming skill, and it's New Year's Day so I don't have work.

I decorate and buy a TV and radio for the holiday, since both will be needed. I stop making the app to go ahead and worry about doing the holiday activities.



First off: Making a resolution. I decide to aim for a promotion. I invite people over to my house to make holiday activities a little bit easier (and to have someone to talk about conservation with for my job).

Almost everyone heads home, but only after I complete all but the final task, to watch the New Year's countdown.

Roger invites me to the romance festival, lel.

I dance some more now that I'm entirely home alone and with no other goals to complete (FOR NOW).

I reach dance level 2. Once I level, I resume making the mobile app.

At about 11:30, I start to watch the countdown to midnight. Midnight comes and goes, and finally, it's spring.

Once that's done, I continue to make the mobile app until possession time (tm). The holiday ends as a resounding success.

Once the possession ends, I open a present (the present pile is very big and I live alone) and then continue working on the mobile app.

Brittany Ceja wants to come over, so I let her, because I want to spread conservation awareness for my job :P

I finish the app and max my programming skill level. Noice. I do gardening when the app is done.

Someone joins in my conversation with Brittany, but either way I finish the conservation and do motive filling after. AND THEN. My toilet breaks. Because of course it does. -sigh-

I upgrade the tub with sturdy faucets, and then it's Possession Time (tm)

I play in the rain some when the possession ends. Immediately after I finish that wish, I get a wish to level up my dancing skill, so that's what I start. Meanwhile... I have enough money to build a pool, so I FINALLY complete that wish.


It's a small pool, but I like it :)

My sim gets a wish for a bee box, so I buy that too. Why not? x3

I interrupt my dancing to bond with the bees. After bonding, I garden, then dance until work.

I get bills to the tune of 1244. Woo. I also get that promotion I put into my resolution!

I play in the rain and open a present, taking care of the two wishes.

I buy a floor mirror and practice dancing in it for yet another wish.

Someone stops by with exta food. It isn't 'excellent', so I'm just going to throw it out. But I spread conservation awareness to complete that for my job.

I level my charisma to five and become 'good friends' with a neighbor... so I ask him if he's a mermaid. Haha.

He is not a mermaid. :(

I make four grilled cheeses so I can make him one, since he brought me food. It... it makes sense, right? I garden after we eat, and then practice dancing into the floor mirror. It levels me up to three and I get a portable dance floor.

I chat with Makoa (the neighbor) until I get possessed. And then I chat with him more, as a possessed sim. Mwahaha.

When it ends, I create a social media profile. I then stargaze with the observatory to fulfill a wish.

I garden and play around until work. I open another present and get a pet poop. Today for work, I work from home to try it out.

First thing's first: I research conservationism. And then I need to take samples from the ocean.

Researching levels several skills. I find some debris on the beach, then take samples from several areas.

When I finish job tasks, I locate a diving buoy. It's in the Lani St. Taz area, and I buy a rebreather and a treasure tool. And then I DIVE FOR TREASURE :D

I do it twice, and on the second time I get 'The Heart of Sulani'. SUCCESS!

My milestone finished, the last thing I need to do to complete this is to doze off in a lounge chair or float lounger. I head home, to use the bathroom and eat.

While analyzing the ocean samples I took earlier... suddenly, I'm blue?


What Happened Here o_o

I safely collect honey from the bee box and fulfill a wish (:

From there, I head out to relax on the floating lounger and hope it a) doesn't glitch and b) lets me fall asleep before I get possessed by the Mother.

And...


Houston, we have landing.

While I may have finished the beach life aspiration, there's obviously a lot more of Sulani to discover. So I'm going to find a new aspiration that seems like fun and keep working on conservation and beautifying Sulani. Along with finding mermaids and island spirits, of course.

See you next time!

Part Three

No comments:

Post a Comment