Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Sims 4 Playthrough: Strangerville Part 2


She's tired, she's tense, and she desperately wants to socialize.  My fingers are currently crossed she doesn't die of stress at her job.

OH.  BARISTA IS PART TIME JOB THAT'S PERFECT.  She's back home and we're doing emergency fun tasks.  First thing: read.  We're gonna read the book we bought, then play some video games...

And probably sleep and then socialize unless something happens.

While we're having her read, we hang up the poster.


Perfect.

We finish the book and have a medium fun need, but we're exhausted.  Cassidy has to sleep before she can socialize.  But, once we get to socializing, hopefully we can boost that need quickly.  Whew... I'm so used to playing with mods and cheats that this feels super hectic!

While we sleep, George Cahill calls about the Humor and Hijinks festival.

Nope.  Only Strangerville Mysteries here.

When I wake up, only my sleep and fun aren't in the yellow.  Hunger's in the red.  I go to the bathroom and shower first, then make some breaak... dinner.  It's late.

More garden salad for Cassidy, woo.

By the time I'm done with the shower, both my fun and social needs are low.  We gotta get the heck out of dodge.  The library is the obvious place, but I think I'll stop by the curio shop first to do some chatting with Erwin (and maybe pick up another poster or two).

I ask him about a keycard.  He says it's in his secret inventory, but I need a Strangerville dossier.  Cool, okay, I need more evidence for that.

I buy the remaining posters ('Cowplant Dissected', 'Simmanatti', 'Emily', and 'Lone Road') and then just chat for a bit after he closes his stall.


...He also appears to be beeping for some unfathomable reason.

I also question him further about the Strangerville Mystery, but... he appears uninterested in sharing with me.  Perhaps I should befriend him... he seems fun and quirky.

(His traits are 'Geek' and 'Erratic'; I haven't discovered the third one yet.)

My fun trait is getting dangerously low, so... it's time for some books and video games it sounds like!


While reading, I get Vlad's text message.  Thanks, Vlad.  Bugger off.

If you look closely, you might be able to see a blurry Sim-like figure right next to the red brick building behind us (it's black).  No, it's not Lucky Luciano or slenderman photoshopped; it's a Sim being controlled by 'Mother' as I'm going to call the force possessing Sims.  I'm too lazy to photoshop these screenshots.


...I'm going to buy some garlic.  Or, like, a lot of garlic.

I ignore Vlad until he goes away, then plant some garlic and some vegetables in the planters around the side of my house.


The moment I finish planting, it's off to work while hungry.  Growing food will allow me to earn more Simoleons that way... because I'm very low right now.  I also have writing and guitar, as long as I practice those skills... So I'm sure I'll figure it out :P

I eat some leftover vegetables when I get home and get a buff from it, along with filling up most of my hunger bar.

I practice programming for a little bit, then use the bathroom and... promptly get sick.  Yaay.  I don't know why, considering the longest I was outside has been at night time...  I order some medicine and it works!  Heck yes!

I head off to the bar in Strangerville to pester strangers (ha) about what's going on in this crazy town.


The first person I talk to says 'move along, nothing to see here'.  Since he's not gonna give me anything... well, I bet the bartender will.

And: she's a conspiracy theorist!  Perfect!

I need a higher relationship with her to request evidence, so let's get to it and start chatting her up.


Aaanndd two other sims immediately join the conversation so there's four of us chatting. WELP.

She leaves in the middle of the conversation, so... that route was a failure.  Sigh.

There's a few military personnel around me (quite a few) and my needs are getting low, so I'm going to head home.

I have garden salad for lunch (which boosts me to cooking level 2, so now I can use the stove), read a book, and then go to bed.

While I'm asleep, Erwin invites me to 'aliens' night at the bar.  I'd love to, but my sim needs sleep, so I decline. Alas.

Vlad interrupts my sleep instead.  I wish I could stake him.


The real Strangerville conspiracy may be keeping my Sim sleep-deprived at all times.


After a brief bout of being unconscious on the floor, I go to the bathroom and make food to eat.  I choose grilled cheese, because grilled cheese is delicious.

After I eat, I take a shower, and then it's time for work.  Sigh.

I get promoted to Bean Blender with a 193 simoleon bonus (yay).  I'm tired, but I decide it's better to go hunt down some conspiracy theorists and bother them about Strangerville.  I want to complete that dossier, dangit!

I attempt to talk to another conspiracy theorist... but like the bartender before, she leaves in the middle of our conversation.   What the heck!

Maybe a scientist will be more helpful...?

I chat with him for a while, and can actually request evidence from the secret lab from him!


Success!  Now it's time to go home and sleep.

Part Three

No comments:

Post a Comment