Thursday, July 25, 2019

Sims 4 Playthrough: Strangerville Part 5

I fell into the trap of playing another game obsessively. Visual novels, man. I had started this before the visual novels, so... let's get into it.

Monday brings bills.  328 simoleons.  I'm trying to earn money, dangit!

Since I have the wish to write a book and the last short story book I wrote ended up with Debug, I make one with the same exact description, but call it 'Stranger Than Fiction' instead of 'Strangerville Fiction' and hope that works.

I level to level five and I can now sell to publisher (which earns me more royalties!) and write love emails (letters) to sims.  Haha.

It's been a while since we visited George (George Cahill, y'know, the pilot), so I invite him over to my house.

For some reason, he starts a water balloon fight.  I'm not complaining, though, because it boosts my fun AND social!

He leaves afterward, and I garden, before taking care of my bladder and food needs.  Then it's time for work, I get home, I sleep.

Clear out vines, more needs care, blah blah blah.  I enter yet another novice video game tournament.  This is where, like, the week-long break happens.  The computer breaks so I fix it and then try again.  Gotta up that fun need yo.

After another loss, I go for a round of vidya games (Blicbloc) and garden before writing a book to tackle a wish.

It's a nonfiction book.


Infinite obsession with Strangerville.

During this time, I sleep, things break, nonsense occurs, I take one of my many (like 5?) vacation days.  Blah blah blah.  And... I make enough money to be able to afford the suit.  Woo!  I have, however, made zero progress on my fitness skill, because of the need for money. Sigh.

I invite George Cahill over to the lot to get some social need.  Then, to boost both fun and social, I have a water balloon fight with him. Yay!

With some of my newfound wealth, I buy the cheapest bar I can and then also buy an easel to fulfill a wish.

It drops me down to 840 simoleons, but THAT'S FINE because now I have another way to make money! Yay!

When I get back from the next shift, I start practicing the mixology skill to finally get that sweet, sweet promotion.  Making a drink fulfills a wish, so of course, I do that.

She is super happy about that drink.


When I hit 1000 simoleons again, I continue my Strangerville investigation to up my social need... and finally, finally, buy that hazmat suit. Time to make enough for bills and then boost my fitness skill, yee haw.


Jogging is the easiest way to do that while staying within Strangerville, so jogging it is.

Since the neighborhood brawl is going on, I take the opportunity to start a fight without losing any points towards relationships. Hell yeah. Time to do more so I can get the goals for this holiday and make Cassidy happy.

Roger invites me to the gym after I jog.  NICE.  At the gym, my fitness skill reaches level two. After I work out, I go ahead and play on the basketball court some with Roger in hopes to boost my fun need (and maybe more fitness skill? fingers crossed!)

It does not boost my fun, so I finally decide to read one of the books in my inventory to do that, allowing the time with Roger to come to a close (and reward me since I completed the goals).

Time runs out, fun gets full, so I head home and get some shut-eye.

I hack some places for money, and then get to programming level 7 so I make a mobile phone app since I can now. Ta-da.

Next shift, I get a promotion. Nice! Roger invites me over to the lounge, and since I need both social and fun, I agree to go.

I meet Judith Ward, dance until my fun need is full, and then go back home to take care of my other needs.

Here's the autograph, by the way. Moved the posters so it has the place of honor.
GeekCon happens, Roger invites me, and I go to my first festival of this game. Woo.

I participate in the Hackathon, since I'm pretty sure I'm pretty good at that!  I get a score of 64%, so I doubt I win. I also do the Ultimate Gaming Test on the gaming rigs - might as well, right?

I earn a score of seventy and get a future cube. Neat.

Hackathon ends and I WON FIRST PLACE.  I get a new, fancy computer. SWEET, I can't wait to replace my old, repeatedly-broken laptop!

GeekCon ends, and with almost-full social and fun bars I head back home to sleep.

The new computer.
With Harvestfest happening tomorrow, I put down Patchy the scarecrow by the garden plots.


I decide that since I now have over 2000 simoleons, I'm going to try and impress Madison again. And if I can't, I'm bribing her. It's time to continue the Strangerville investigation, dangit.

Well, of course... the Harvest Festival first.  I appease some gnomes and get some seeds, and then it's time to Make a Grand Meal and invite as many people as I know over as I can!


Gnomes in my way... but happy gnomes.


House... so small...


Cassidy... so tired...


Freaking gnomes!

Nevertheless, I finish the holiday as a success. Yay.

At last, I invite Madison Gamble over. It's time to get that dang spore scanner.


It doesn't work, so then I bribe her.

At last!  At last I have it!  Now I need to collect fifteen scans, head to the lab to make a sample, then go and find a scientist. At least the last part is easy?


The noise it makes is very unpleasant, ugh.  I don't Like That.  I get invited to a talent showcase while it's charging, so I head on over to boost my social need.  Once I do, I head home to take care of all my other needs. Woo.

I head to the lab to try and find a good amount of spore clusters. It's tiiiime.  With three scans, I get all of them, so then I head down to make an infection profile.

Once down with that, I invite Roger Barajas over to the secret lab so I can have him make the infection scanner.

Meanwhile, Cassidy really needs to pee and there are zero bathrooms. >(

Of course, the spore filter is sent to my mailbox, so it's time to head home.

Roger Barajas invites me to the romance festival, but I am BUSY, so I skip it.  Winter starts while I sleep.

When I wake up, I fill my needs, and then head back to the secret lab to finally go through the spore room.


Now it's time to descend to the deepest part of the lab, and figure out this mystery once and for all.


Part Six (the final part)

No comments:

Post a Comment