Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Sims 4 Playthrough: Strangerville Part 4

I am greeted with a room full of spores leading to a door, and a flashing red desk.  I'm going to avoid the spores for now.  It's evidence time, baybee.


Except it looks like I need a scanner from military personnel to use the flashing red thing.  Welp.  With no other option, let's go through that door and downstairs.

The spores are too toxic to go downstairs, so I end up possessed. The plants upstairs... possessed, I can now 'chat with plant'.  So I pick one and do that.  I end up unpossessed before I can.  Hmm...

I 'nurture' the plant now instead, and then take a picture.  It produces a bizarre fruit.  Interesting... I try taunting a different plant.  Nothing happens, that time.  But another round of 'nurture'...



More fruit this time.

Welp, time to head to the bar and see if I can't get a spore scanner from someone.  Or, wait... maybe I can invite Madison or someone over...?

I ask about her career and then question about the spores in the lab.  She tells me about the infection scanner, so I try 'impressing her and after a hundred pushups... Nope.  So I try seducing her instead.  This fails, so I give up for now.  Time to improve my fitness skill, I guess.

I head home and get a notification about needing to protect myself from the toxic spores.  Time to ask people how to avoid being possessed, then!

The curio shop has a 'Britney' there instead of 'Erwin', so I ask her.  I get access to a hazmat suit for 1000 simeleons.

Time to earn 827 more, which means that with my needs high that's my primary goal.  My secondary goal?  To up my fitness.

I start by making a programming plugin, since I have that option now.  I then practice writing to level 2 and write a children's book.  Let's see, let's see...


Perfect.

I self-publish the children's book, make something to eat, and since I leveled my writing skill to three... I get started on a short story while I'm still inspired.


You may notice a theme.  You know, besides the fact that I'm terrible at cropping images.

She writes it, uses the bathroom, publishes it, cleans up, and then...


Uh-oh.

I clear out the vines, of course, and then boost the fun need with some video games.

Once done, I head to sleep.  At 10 AM... I stayed up the entire night, oops.

My garlic ends up dying on me ( :( ) so I dispose of the dead plants after I eat, plant new ones, and then use the toilet and take a shower.

I try to make an app, only to have my computer break.

Dangit!

With less than 200 simoleons to my name, my only option is to try and fix it myself and hope that I don't end up losing the computer.

I manage to fix it, but my social's low and I have an uncomfortable moodlet from the chair.  Let's go pay George Cahill a visit, shall we?

I learn he's hot-blooded, paranoid, and unemployed before Cassidy gets hit with the boredom bug.  So I play games on his computer.

Ah, the sims: socially acceptable to be super rude.

I head to work after the game, and get my bills for 323 simoleons.  Yikes, everything costs it seems.  After I eat, I 'find odd jobs' on the computer in hopes to earn some more money.

Joaquin wants someone to play blicbloc, so that is what I do.

I beat the world record score but everyone thinks he did.  RIP Cassidy.  Speaking of video games... at level three, I can enter into tournaments.

So time to enter a novice tournament and see about getting some money THAT way.

...After, of course, I sleep.

I wake up focused, which is perfect!

I don't get any prize and I spent ten dollars, so I make a plugin and then mod a game to make up for it.

I pay my bills and am left with 85 simoleons before I head off to work.  When I get back from work, I check my needs and then try hacking.

She made 140 simoleons from it, so... time to hack some more it seems!

After another successful hack, I use the bathroom, play some video games, and then go to bed.

Wake up, breakfast, work, and now my social need is low.

I invite one of the scientists over, deciding to see if I can't do something with him to earn simoleons and/or help uncover more of the Strangerville mystery.

From him, I find out that if I get the fifteen spores I need, I can ask him to make a spore filter.  Sweet.  Thanks, Roger Barajas.

My sim wants to have a water balloon fight.  It's hot outside because I decided to start in summer.  I buy the 35 simoleons bucket and start a water balloon fight with Roger.  Mwahahaha.


While we get started, a possessed sim wanders on by.  Oh boy.

After the water balloon fight, I do some more hacking (yay) and then practice my programming skills.  It makes me more money than writing at the moment.

I make a plugin and then look for some more odd jobs.  I help someone hook up their TV.  Woo.  Easy.

I get home and make some franks and beans to fulfil a wish, and then I hack again before making yet another plugin. I make it to level five so I can now take side jobs. I take a shower and everything breaks and vines come out of things, so I repair and clean up.  During this time, a scientist friend (David) wants to come over so I let him and then promptly ignore him.

And finally, it is time to sleep.

Vines. Everywhere. They've shown up in my shower too but I didn't mention it.

In the morning, I sleep until 5 and then head off to work.  When I get back, I get some food to eat and then enter a video game tournament in hopes to not only earn some money but up my fun need.

Alas, I lose once again.  I write a poetry book since I leveled my writing skill to four.


While I'm working on it, my computer breaks again.  Of course I go ahead and fix it.  My handiness skill goes up to two now (yay).  Once I fix it, I finish writing the book of poems and then head to bed to get some more sleep, because poor Cassidy is exhausted.

When I wake up, I eat food and play a video game to boost the fun need, and then it's off to work again.  When I get home, I shower, and then I splurge on a woodworking table.  I do some gardening and fulfill a wish by working on the new woodworking table.

I woodwork for long enough to upgrade my handiness skill (woo). With the newly made planter, I get some flower seeds.  I sell everything else I made.

I hack all the places I can (three) to earn some money, then pee, play a video game to boost my fun, and sleep.  In the morning, I call someone over.

It's Talk Like a Pirate Day, so... of course, I do pirate-themed socials!  I finish the tradition, then clear out vines, go to the bathroom, take a shower... and clean up more vines.  By now, my social motive is full and Roger heads on out.

I try out a programming 'side job'.  It has me level up my hacking... so now I can hack work performance.  Which I would do if my work performance wasn't already stellar.  I get about 200 simoleons from the side job, and so then I garden before I do another.

After that, it's time to sleep.  Another long bit with minimal progress towards my ambition and unlocking the Strangerville mystery.  But let's be real here, I kind of need the simoleons to keep going.

Fall begins as Talk Like a Pirate Day ends!  Woo, fall.

For now, I'm going to just focus on earning Simoleons and keeping Cassidy's needs high.  Part 5 will come up when the investigation is ready to continue.

Part 5

No comments:

Post a Comment