Sunday, May 22, 2011

Untitled Poem

Today is today and tomorrow is another,
Just one step at a time with fingers crossed,
But I trip and fall, don't we all loose out?
With the things we forget and the things we don't know,
It seems that knowledge comes in broken-down pieces,
And in the end it seems sad and strange,
An eternity turned to dust.

I don't know what I am I don't know what I'm doing,
All I know is that I'm a terrified little girl,
And in many ways I feel so old because as I wander,
Knowledge too big for one head to handle,
Knowledge unknown is too much to handle,
It'll all be gone one day.

So I try to put my faith and trust out there,
While still trying to survive,
Who else is there to do it?  Who else could be me?
The answer is nobody.
We're born of hatred instead of love
We're given scorn instead of good,
And we could never remember how much we're loved.

But I believe in someone called God,
He sent His Only Son to Earth,
So I can only remember that I am loved.
I raised to believe that I am powerful, wonderful, beautiful,
And that the whole world is the same.
All we need is a little love,
And it's a whole eternity changed

No comments:

Post a Comment