Saturday, January 16, 2021

Sims 4 Playthrough: Journey to Batuu Part 1

 Step one in Batuu is to plan outfits. Luckily, encoded into the mission is 'plan your Batuu outfit' so that's nice!

I also ask around about the Resistance and First Order, making steady progress on my new ambition.

Stylish!

I get a mission from the Resistance and do some spying on the First Order. When that's all done, I finish the first part of the ambition for a bonus of credits and satisfaction points.

Then, it's off to pick up another mission. Obviously, I've sided with the Resistance!

I introduce myself to three members of the resistance for my aspiration, then head off to the cantina again so I can start on the new mission. While I'm there, I do some dancing to up my fun need.

Dance with me!

Once I fill my fun need, I head over to the First Order with the dataspike I grabbed according to the mission. It takes some exploring (and a visit to Google), but I find the control panel, splice it, and grab the access codes and disrupt a transmission.

I report back. Left on my ambition is to explore the Caves of Batuu... now to find them. I'm guessing they're going to be around the Resistance encampment...


Cassidy gets embarrassed from mistaking a Tooka-cat, but at least she's okay. And that's the next part of the ambition done! For level three, we need to get a droid companion, recruit at least three people to the Resistance, and unlock and loot at least two First Order supply crates. I think it's time to get my next mission from the Resistance!

The mission involves meeting Vi Moradi first and foremost, and... man, but I am not the most fluent in Star Wars so even though I recognize the name I just Do Not know who she is.

She wants X-wing parts and help getting supplies and. I ask around and... who the hell is Dok-Ondar and how do I find them??? Maybe I need to find a Scoundrel??? Why is this so difficult?

Asking another Resistance member gets me the news that, yes, the Scoundrels probably have some for a price. So looks like I need to earn myself some credits and get some scrap and parts, cuz I want to get a droid too for my ambition.

To the cantina!

While I head there, I get bills. I just pay them from my phone. Then I pick Hondo's brain in hopes of getting the X-Wing parts I need.

Even in Batu, I'm famous.

Nothing happens with Hondo, so I look at other Scoundrels. Looks like I need to build relationships with them to buy parts. Why do I need to know so many people.

I play some Sarlacc and lose badly, but then finally go to a group and chat and buy X-wing parts until I get five. Once I do, I'm off to the First Order area to scramble stuff with the tower and control panel (and see if I can steal from some supply crates...).

I also purchase some scrap while I'm there, although I have less than a thousand credits. I need a thousand credits to get a droid, you see. Well - onwards with the mission, let's see if I can't get more as time goes on.

The first try with the tower goes poorly, so I take a break to try overriding some locks. What can I say? I'm nothing if not determined.

Oh no...

Oh no!

I get caught, but thankfully Cassidy's athletic enough to win. Still, I high-tail it from the First Order until the heat dies down, and do some more dancing to boost my fun need.

My fun need gets full but I still have the moodlet, so I go to the encampment and replace the part. Then it's a little bit more waiting before I head back to the First Order and try things again, this time checking around for Stormtroopers before I hack into the tower. Once that's done, I go poke at a supply crate.

He didn't catch me this time. He just saw me, Cassidy got angry, and while I was chatting with someone up he came and started a fight. Okay then. At least Cassidy is happy now...?

I realize I'm missing a dataspike, so I have to head to the resistance base and get one. SIGH. So much back and forth... please. I loot a supply crate, however... and get a dataspike! Looks like Cassidy's day is LOOKING UP :D

This time it's successful, so I head back to the Resistance encampment to go fly the X-Wing on the distraction mission.

The mission is a success, but my Rocket Science skill level is not high enough for fancy maneuvers so I end up damaging the X-Wing. Gosh darn it.

I end up with two lightsaber hilts and sell one for credits. I'm at 958 - one more mission and I should finally be able to get a droid. Vi, hit me. What's next for the Resistance?

I get a few options and choose one involving the X-Wing. I repair it and then head out to explore some communities.


I offer protection on behalf of the Resistance, and it goes very well, as you can read! I also get level 4 in the Rocket Science skill.

Gotta love how Sims 4 gets literal space ships before cars.

I achieve Rank 2 in the Resistance and have enough credits to buy a droid. Let's do that and then recruit folks for the cause!

Now then... Do I want a BB (round ball!) unit, or an R (like R2D2!) unit? Decisions, decisions... I go with the R unit.

Meet R4M4 (M for Moribus)!

I go ahead and chat with a citizen nearby - in the First Order district, playing dangerous! - and inspire them to join the Resistance. I attempt to recruit someone else, but even after becoming 'good friends' I don't get the option, so... I guess it's time to head back to the cantina? I want to see about doing a mission for the scoundrels...

The first mission is to beat Honda at Sarlacc. Oh... oh no... I'm bad at that game!


I lose all of my Galactic Credits playing the game, and of course, I can't win at all. Sigh. I take a break to try and do some recruitment for the Resistance.

It takes a while, but the option finally pops up and I can 'Inspire' another person. The annoying thing is that the 'Batuu' section of chat is gone, so I have to wait for it to appear. And if I select something else, it doesn't appear again. HOWEVER, the guy walks off before that action comes up in the queue. Why this.

I also gain a 'People Person' lifestyle, which... okay, I guess?

FINALLY, the option pops up with someone and SUCCESSFULLY goes through, so now I just... need that to happen again.

-gross sobbing-

I search some scrap piles and find someone I can inspire, but ONCE AGAIN, he leaves before I can. Why is this my life. AT LAST, I get someone and it is DONE. Please do not make me recruit more people, I beg of you.

I have to reach rank 5, infiltrate the First Order cargo building and slice the holotable, and explore five times in the X-Wing.

So much for doing this all in one post. Part two will happen eventually. For now, I'm going to cry about my frustrations with recruiting people to the Resistance. Why is Sims so glitchy and pedantic...!

The face of a man who has no regrets in taking all of a person's money.

Part Two

No comments:

Post a Comment