Monday, January 25, 2021

Sims 4 Playthrough: Realm of Magic Part 2

 I don't sell any of Dusty's things, but I do put them in the inventory. His bowls, his bed. I also tuck his grave in the inventory too, since I do plan to move to Mt. Komorebi when I'm finished in Glimmerbrook.

There are bigger lots in Mt. Komorebi anyway. I can build a spacious house with a spacious backyard and a spacious greenhouse. I'm literally running out of room in the current greenhouse!

A neighbor stops by and gives me a specially crafted violin. Holy crap, that's lovely! I head over to the Magic Realm to train/practice magic and win duels. I've only won one and I need to get three victories to get to the next step of my ambition.

And, you know, I need to level up to an 'adept' from an 'acolyte'.

Best spellcaster 10 out of 10

I manage to end up in the 'overcharged' state after becoming an acolyte, although I still need to win one more duel. For now, I head back home.

While I wait for my charge to drop, I do a gig for my freelancing career, and get a call that someone else has died. Everyone I knew in Strangerville is gone, and now the people I met from Sulani are dying, too. On top of losing Dusty...

It's sad. This is the true curse of immortality, losing people you care about. But, I do plan to let Cassidy age once we start looking for a partner. After all, 'superparent' is an ambition, and I need to be an adult - not just a young adult - for that.

I finally complete the stage of the aspiration with another victorious duel, and now I just need to reach rank five because I already know ten spells.

Time to experiment with potions, that gets me lots of magical experience!

Once I get charged, I head home to do other things, planning to practice magic whenever I have low enough charge.


We get a visit from Dusty! I invite him to my household as a ghost dog, and then bind him as my familiar again. I may, eventually, need to let him go in favor of a living dog - or my kids can just become familiar with a ghost dog. Decisions, decisions...

Either way, Dusty's back! :D

I practice some magic, then buy a cauldron (which I should have done way sooner...) and practice my brewing skills. And then practice some magic some more. Infinite magical practice.

I also start putting things in household storage, since I'm close to completing this ambition. Soon(tm). I also notice that Dusty needs to be fed and walked as if he was alive.

Cool, cool. Ghost dog is a permanent member, all the benefits and negatives of a living dog except Dusty can't die or get sick xD

New Year's Eve happens so I start putting stuff up for that. I also make a resolution to complete the current milestone of my aspiration. And then I dance.

Once it hits 11:30 PM, I watch the TV for the countdown. And, bam: New Year's Eve, done and dusted.

After New Year's Eve, I hit level four on my spells and get 'dedeathify'.

....

I can bring Dusty back to life.

...Except I can't. I don't have the option, and a quick Google tells me it doesn't work on pets. Well, that's super lame! Darnit :(

I go ahead and invite a spellcaster friend over. Let's see what we can do here... Since it's also the first of spring, it's prank day, so I go ahead and do a couple of mischievous socials as well.

I feel like this would get me in trouble...
I manage to make it to the next stage in terms of magic, and spring happens.

I head back to the magical realm and learn every single spell in practical and untamed magic, including the 'ultimate' spells - 'duplicato' and the 'rite of ascension'. The rite of ascension will actually be SUPER nice for whoever I end up marrying!

I go ahead and read a book while I wait for my spellcaster charge to go down. Once it's down - I experiment with potionmaking and ultimately... bite the bullet. Time to learn mischief magic too I guess!

I end up learning about a potion of immortality. Which. HM. Would have been useful when Dusty was still alive...? Then again, if spells don't work on pets, potions probably don't either.

Some experimenting and ingredients collecting, along with some potions of good fortune, gets me a lot of ingredients and the experience I need to become a virtuoso and thus, complete the ambition!

I select the 'soulmate' ambition. Next you'll see me, I'll be preparing for love and for family.

Love and Family

No comments:

Post a Comment