Sunday, January 17, 2021

Sims 4 Playthrough: Journey to Batuu Part 2

AND SO IT CONTINUES. With suffering.

I go ahead and cancel Hondo's mission before heading off to the Resistance base. There, I get my next mission.

I take another mission to explore the communities around Black Spire. There were three, so I'll just pick another one. If I get this mission a third time, then I can go for the last community and voila. Resistance support, hopefully.

Galma Vicinity easily accepts trade opportunities and is more than happy to support the Resistance. I report back and grab the mission for the third and final community.

I reach the rank of lietenent and then I get the job of asking scoundrels pass-phrases that make me look crazy. Yay. Back to Ogda Cantina I go. Oh well, at least while I'm there I can fill my fun need. Sims 4 really needs a reward trait for it.

....I also inspire Hondo to join the Resistance, because the option is there and I can. It doesn't work, but it's still funny.

I find the informant easily, and she wants me to swipe a blaster from the First Order supply crates. Cool, let's goooo (and see what other free things I can get).

Well, that didn't work out.

Pay attention to the Droid, not to me.

KYLO REN????

After, uh, several attempts of me refusing to give up while I attract attention and my droid distracts, I finally get the blaster right in front of Kylo Ren and then leave the building. Heh.

I also end up with a red kyber crystal, although I don't think I want a red saber so I'll wait on that. After stealing from a few more supply crates, I go ahead and go back to the cantina. Time to meet with the contact...

While waiting for the contact, I go ahead and dance to fill my fun need some.

So many scoundrels, none of them my contact!

While waiting for my contact, I decided to go and shop at the lightsaber shop. I have a kyber crystal. I want a different color. My options are blue or green since I don't want red. I wanted purple like Samuel L Jackson's character :( Alas. Maybe I can combine blue and red to make purple? Maybe?

Google tells me no, but that I can earn things from missions. So... more waiting for the contact, I guess. SIGH.

I head over to Dok-Ondar's den real quick too, curious about what might be for sale there. Maybe cheaper scrap than the droid shop? I want to upgrade R4M4 after all...

No, but there are some plush ewoks and porgs. I can't resist, I buy one of each. I then head over to a supply crate and attempt to override the locks once the Stormtrooper guarding it walks off. Then check for contact...

It looks like I can give it to any of the scoundrels but I feel like this is a terrible idea, so... I continue to wait. I place down my droid and start messing with it. I decide to install an Aural Sensor Translator under the Protocol droid menu, hoping it doesn't lock me out of installing navigation stuff too. What? I want an all-purpose droid!

I search some scrap piles for scrap, and then amble on back to the cantina. I leveled up to handiness level 8, too, which is nice.

And guess what: STILL no contact!! Where is the informant??? Where are they???

I also sell sold the red kyber crystal. I'll wait for the rare ones, thank you very much. I'm gunning for purple, although white and black also have their appeal. I bet a black lightsaber would look REALLY badass, even in the sims.

Google does not show me a black lightsaber, so for the sake of everyone I'm going to have to get a black one so I can share the image with you. Maybe I will find it. Eventually. Maybe.

Sick of waiting for my contact, I pick a random scoundrel and... get the disruption field. Cool, cool. Time to head to the First Order district.

By now, I am an expert at this.

Look at the droid, not at me...

I'm in!

Wait! You're supposed to ignore me in favor of the droid!

Whoops

After that eventful mission, I report back to Vi Moradi. And, what do you know - I get a blue kyber crystal this time! I also grab a new mission.

Looks like there's a First Order defector, which is awesome. I get the information from the holo-table.

I buy some supplies from the table, and sell all but one of the thermal detonators I've acquired along with the kyber crystal to make sure I have a decent amount of Credits.

I'm also looking for Corra Arrel. I hope this isn't a trick...

I chat with my droid a bit before Corra Arrel shows up. She has a cool hairstyle.

The girl in the blue vest right behind me.

She tells me about a big plan. Time to head back to the Resistance, then, and let Vi know what's up. I get another blue kyber crystal that I keep this time. Turns out Corra got arrested, yikes.

On to the next mission!

I have to trick Lt. Agnon into believing I'm First Order. Yikes! Let's go talk to Rey like she suggested. Ah yes, Rey. I have only seen the first movie of the new trilogy - I know, I know, I'm lame. The first movie was good and then I heard bad things about the second and third and spoiled myself on them and they are super disappointing plotwise, though I'm sure the visual effects are incredible.

I need a First Order uniform and a fake ID card. It leads me to Hondo or Dok-Ondar. I'm going to try Hondo - I LIKE the scoundrels.

Oh.

Oh no.

I have to challenge Hondo to Sabacc for it.

I'm going to try Dok-Ondar now... He has it for 100 credits, WAY less than I'd lose to Sabacc. Sorry, Hondo. Gotta go with this guy. Now to find an officer...

I search some scrap piles for scrap (duh) before heading off to the First Order district.

I can seduce, fight, or bribe for the uniform. I am tempted to seduce... my charisma skill is high... If I combine that with an enchanting introduction, that should work well! And then I can break her heart. Sorry, First Order officer, it'd never work anyway. I do plan to get Cassidy married after she becomes a spellcaster and completes that ambition, and she lives on another planet. Do you want to live on another planet?

I flirt with her a whole bunch too, just to be sure, and somehow manage to piss her off. I... uh... okay?

Aaand she's angry again...

I fail at seducing her for the uniform despite the relationship boost. Someone calls me and warns me about being disliked by someone. Okay, look, I have no problems with the First Order, they have problems with me.

Yet somehow... I get the uniform despite angering her. Uh. Okay.

Cassidy, I don't think that's a very good disguise...

I go to a corner without people and then leave the corner to take the picture. Um. Cassidy. Um... Your hair... Maybe you should... cover that...?

Whatever. Time to convince the Lt. I'm first order.

(He's seen me. He's watched me literally hack into things in front of him???? Cassidy has REALLY OBVIOUS HAIR???)

After getting shocked (twice) by the door, R4M4 is easily able to scramble it. There's no option to convince the Lt. about being First Order which - fine by me. Once I grab the plans, I get the heck out of dodge.

I get some scrap metal as a reward, and I'm still not rank 4 with the resistance. Rank 5 is the max! How much do I need to DO?! On to the next mission...

And looks like Batuu is going to be three parts. Ha.

Part Three

No comments:

Post a Comment