Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Sims 4 Playthrough: Snowy Escape Part 3

 So.

I need to reach level three rock climbing skill, complete a hiking trail, actively ski, snowboard, or rock climb for three hours, and encounter a kodama or forest spirit.

Sounds like I should hike until I reach a place where I can rock climb? Let's see what I can do! It's freezing but I'm ice proof and in winter gear, and the weather is clear.

Or there's a climbing wall just... right over here.

I equip the climbing gear and then start practicing my rock climbing ability. It boosts fun, so... I can basically do this forever.

Or until Dusty gets hungry.

I've reached level two by the time I've done it for three hours. I decide to go for a hike by myself since it's too cold for Dusty, so at least I can get that out of the way. And maybe the forest spirit or kodama, too. I decide to head to the natural cove. Let's see what we can see!

So. Damn. Pretty.
There was a wildlife encounter while hiking, and of course Cassidy handled it like a pro. She's well-prepared and has high athletics from her time in Salvadorado.

On my way back down, I spot the forest spirits and complete that stage. Then I climb the wall until I achieve level three climbing skill.

The next level has me skiing or snowboarding at 'high intensity' on an intermediate slope, successfully reach the peak of Mt Komorebi, and endure an injury from skiing, snowboarding, or rock climbing.

That last one may be a problem. My luck has been high. My athletics skill is good. Maybe... I can jump to an intermediate slope before I practice on the bunny hill.

...

Let's try it!

And it looks like I need level three first. Ah well. At least I can do the easy slope. I decide to focus on skiing, though I definitely want to get snowboarding skill too.

While training up to level three, I get injured. Never thought I'd be so happy to be hurt! Once I hit level three, I give Cassidy a break.

A bad storm chases me inside before level three, so I head home to cuddle and play with Dusty. I don't know how much longer he'll live, even though I've set lifespans to the longest they can be.

After I love on Dusty some, I grab a quick gig from Cassidy's career. She has a whim to write a mystery novel, there's a gig that requires that, so Houston, we have liftoff.

After the gig, I notice Dusty is sick. Time to take him to the vet. Gosh, I hate that he's an elderly dog now. I don't mind caring for him, I don't mind that I have to be careful, I don't mind the sickness. I just mind what I KNOW is coming!

Once I submit the gig, I level up my freelancing career. Nice! Now to just wait for the thundersnow to go away, so I can skii some more... I have an ambition to complete, here!

Snowing, but not THUNDERsnowing

I reach level three, aannndd... I can't ski on the intermediate slope with high intensity yet. Gosh darn it. I decide to try and do some research on the computer next time thundersnow chases me inside.

I reach level 4 before any. thundersnow and ski just once down the intermediate slope with high intensity. Now for the hardest part of this level: climbing Mt. Komorebi.

I go home to recoup and take care of Dusty. I have my climbing gear, I have basic skills... The only thing left is figuring out, uh, how to get to the top.

...Looks like I need to do an excursion, and apparently, I need a friend. Yaaay... I also need at least level six rock climbing skill.

I am so sorry, Cassidy. Infinite rock climbing for you.

Rock climbing is interrupted by the arrival of HarvestFest. Well, it's Gnome Appeasement Time. I grab a quick guide to make sure I do not accidentally anger any gnomes.

After my first appeasement, I make a tofurkey grand meal and invite some friends over. More gnome appeasing, then I shove them all in my inventory and sell them. I also grab the seed packets, but those I keep. Cassidy does have a garden going on and all.

Chatting and eating finishes the party off, and then I just let people hang out until it comes to its natural end. And then I ignore the gnomes and wander off to do more Infinite Rock Climbing.

Climb, Cassie, CLIMB!

During the Eternal Rock Climbing, I reach max fitness skill. Cool. Harvestfest also ends up being successful, which: double cool. It ends up turning into winter (instead of being fall the whole time despite me CALLING it winter) while Cassidy is doing her Infinite Rock Climbing.

Once I reach level six, I decide to check the weather. The conditions are 'icy', but screw it. I start a Mt. Komorebi expedition and invite Samanta. I just... cheat her skill to level six. Shhh.

I spent two hours on that building that I will never see again

Snow angel time.

It was shockingly easy to climb up the mountain, so I didn't get any pictures of climbing shots because I thought 'oh there's going to be another part'.

The final level of this ambition requires me to survive three wildlife attacks, achieve level 8 skiing, snowboarding, or rock climbing skill, and successfully complete a high intensity skiing/snowboarding on the expert course in inclement weather OR do a successful rock climb in inclement weather.

I head back to the lodging and prepare myself to resume Eternal Rock Climbing. It never ends.

Rebate Day happens and I just immediately end the holiday. I'm on vacation. Even if I did the freebuild stuff, it would not count. I also extend the vacation by like three days so that I can get everything done I want to. I mean, I'm coming back to Mt Komorebi to live (despite how long I spent on my Glimmerbrook house, RIP me), but not until Cassidy's a spellcaster.

Once she reaches level eight, it's time to begin the Infinite Hiking in hopes of running into wildlife. Yaaay.

I made sure to take Dusty for a couple of hikes.

Hiking around without Dusty I run into a whole bunch of wildlife. Now all that's left is to do the things in inclement weather. I decide to go skiing until I max the skill, then I'll start training snowboarding.

And, while skiing... I complete the aspiration! I'm going to keep practicing until my vacation ends, skiing and then snowboarding (if I max it before the vacation ends), and next time I see you I'll be seeing you as I begin my journey to become a spellcaster!

No comments:

Post a Comment