Monday, January 18, 2021

Sims 4 Playthrough: Snowy Escape Part 1

 

This part of my Sims journey starts off great. Dusty ages up to an elder. I do not want Dusty to die. I do not like this.

Samanta leaves the house on good terms with Cassidy, which is nice. First, I go into world edit and build a vacation place to my exacting tastes in Mount Komorebi. What? I am a person with STANDARDS!

Once the lot is set up - I just edited a pre-existing one to have a pet bed and other pet stuff - I take Dusty and start a vacation to this world.

Once I'm in Mt Komorebi, I also go ahead and plan some new outfits. I need some really sturdy winter stuff, since I'll be vacationing in the winter mountain world WHILE IT'S WINTER!

Much warmer

My goals seem to be fairly simple. I want to eat food at one of Mt. Komorebi's festivals, take a photo with the mascot, pop open a Simmi capsule (???), and swim in the Wakaba river.

Well, let's go freeze our butts off for at least an hour by swimming! C'mon, Dusty, time for FUN! (actually, probably just cold). Unfortunately, I do not have enough satisfaction points to buy the Iceproof trait. That's officially next on my list.

...I actually forget to select Dusty to travel with me. -facepalm- Well, I suppose it's fine, he gets to be nice and cozy.

I go ahead and dive into the river. One 'swim around' covers it. There's a board nearby which tells me the next festival is the Festival of Light on Friday.

I change into some warmer clothes after my swim and go hunt down the mascot.

I find the statue, but unfortunately, I need Yamachan themself to complete the wish. Alas. At least my Simstagram followers will be happy...?

Looks like I'm waiting until Friday - it'll get me everything I need. I head home back to Dusty to spend time with my aging pup and do a couple of gigs for my freelancing career. I go ahead and give Dusty a bath after some attention to make sure he's nice and clean and handsome, for anyone else who may be renting the other rooms here.

I also get a playful moodlet from wearing shoes in the house. Woops! So after I bathe Dusty I go ahead and take them off before I get started on those gigs.

Dusty snoozes while I work

I am filled with sass.

This scene is really familiar. My mom is a writer. We have two dogs (and two cats), and they like to lay at her feet when she is writing or editing on her computer.

I drink a flirty celebuserum too, just to get rid of it, and then do things to boost my fun need.

Dusty needs to pee, so I take him on a nice, long, rambling walk.

Except this is the Sims so we never actually go on a walk, because why in the world would the SIMS be functional? Hahaha, silly.

My sim refuses to move when the dog is leashed, Dusty keeps going to sleep despite needing to pee, but I see Yamachan so I'm just going to... take a selfie with the mascot and bang my head on the wall because Sims is broken and requires at least eight mods to be even functional. Truly, fuck EA, the money-grabbing assholes.

Who is the bigger star - Cassidy or Yamachan?

After closing the game to install a couple of bug-fixing mods, we get back and I finally am able to take Dusty on a walk. He produces a big old smelly poo and also pees.

The environment is gorgeous and Dusty and Cassie both have a lot of fun. It's the early early EARLY morning on Thursday, so I decide now is as good a time as any to do some more writing. This time, however, I write my own novel. I also write a song on my guitar. Gonna license them for some sweet, sweet cash over the next week or so.

A TV season premiere occurs while I'm in the middle of writing stuff, so I take a break to participate in that.

...Except I didn't buy a TV. So I enable cheats to let me plop one in the place. Woopsadaisies.

Tiny TV is tiny.

Once I'm done watching the premiere, I'm confident from writing my song lyrics so I go ahead and write a motivational book. I also notice the distinct lack of a mailbox on the lot, at least any mailbox that I can see. Hm. Rental lot quirk?

Something wholesome for you.

Still on a confidence high and in the midst of Thursday afternoon, I take on one more gig before the festival of lights.

Once I do the gig, I get a whim to watch some TV, so watch some TV it is.

I get a whim to build a snowpal, too, so I go ahead and do that.

That Snowpal is... more than a little creepy.

And then a fire breaks out from the unattended space heater I've left on!

I don't end up getting a picture because there were routing issues I had to contend with, but the two firefighters that arrive do nothing while Cassidy puts out the fire before it gets too severe. I then turn off the space heater and decide that I'm just going to wear the cold-weather outfits inside, okay, that was dangerous and they impact the eco-footprint.

I do, however, get a picture of the firefighters dancing in my hallway for some strange reason.

TV Premiere Holiday goes without a hitch, and then I take Dusty for a long walk around Mount Komorebi.

So pretty...

Oh no...

Unfortunately, a long walk turns out to be too long for Dusty, because he ends up getting sick! I should have paid more attention to the temperature. Luckily, I can rush him over to the vet's office without ending the vacation early.

I cure his Winterfest fever, then take him back to the rental. I need some way to heat the place up... I know! Temperature controls from Seasons!

Now, at least, it'll be nice and toasty inside and we'll just avoid taking him on any long walks. He's an old dog anyway, long walks may be a little much.

By the time everything is done and over with, it's 5 PM Friday, which means the festival of lights is VERY SOON. I freshen up to waste the time until it's, uh, time. I also leave Dusty at home because it is cold-cold-COLD outside.

I also find the mailbox (I'm a little blind) and license my lyrics and submit the book to a literary digest.

When I get to the Festival of Lights, I immediately order some edamame. Which I personally love in real life! Cassidy, being the diva she is, doesn't like it because it's normal quality. Ah well. I buy a Simmi capsule and pop it open, and thus complete the first stage of my ambition.


The next step involves soaking in a hot spring for a long time, eating food with chopsticks, wear a festival costume from a vending machine (I am doing that, why are you not enabled?), and sled three times. In part two, we continue!

No comments:

Post a Comment